- Please use the hash tag #lightingthefire if you're joining us tomorrow at Kensington Palace!16 April 2014 8:14pm
- #lightingthefire http://t.co/UuZ6ABkYgw16 April 2014 3:56pm
- People on our programmes will be facilitating, hosting and volunteering at #lightingthefire. Proof of the power & potential of young adults!16 April 2014 2:38pm
- @Lydbidsid We're very excited you're coming!16 April 2014 12:32pm
- Gang violence girls 'must get more help from hospitals and sex health clinics' (Croydon Guardian) @leap_cc http://t.co/N6K7CtPos816 April 2014 12:29pm
Quarrel Shop - new intake
Do you know any young people who would like to be a participant on Leap's next Quarrel Shop?
Quarrel Shop is an accredited (OCN level 2) training project in ‘Conflict Resolution and Facilitation.’ It enables young people to gain a greater awareness of themselves and their patterns of behaviour and supports them to make positive choices in their lives. The project also trains a young person to become facilitators, which allows them to deliver workshops in their own projects and communities.
We are targeting young people aged 16 – 21, who are at risk of getting caught up in violence to self or others, or criminal activity or who are disengaged from mainstream life and would benefit from this type of supported personal development. We are also keen to work with Young People who are interested in facilitating positive change in their communities and among their peer groups.
Quarrel Shop will be held in Leap’s training space in Finsbury Park, with a weekend residential at Woodrow High House, near High Wycombe, Bucks. Training starts on the Saturday 25th February and finishes Saturday 31’st March, with a commitment to facilitate a Conflict Resolution workshop – possibly at the organisation from which they are referred. Quarrel Shop is free to all eligible young people, travel expenses are covered and food is provided.
For more information please look at our flyer