- Lorena won volunteer of the year in 2013 but who will win this year? It's up to you https://t.co/x76KpmpVAl http://t.co/ulUOeAOrXf11 March 2014 1:02pm
- A huge percentage of young people we engage with tell us they think the media at large does them no favours at all #SoundingOutLondon10 March 2014 3:26pm
- Great morning spent training with @leap_cc #Challenging Behaviour @londonyouth, now off to meet two young men released from prison today...10 March 2014 3:10pm
- @MistaGoode @londonyouth great to hear!10 March 2014 3:21pm
- "academies, free schools & maintained schools all have a statutory duty to promote pupil wellbeing" - #SRE is key http://t.co/AApTT8l9lk10 March 2014 2:52pm
Quarrel Shop - new intake
Do you know any young people who would like to be a participant on Leap's next Quarrel Shop?
Quarrel Shop is an accredited (OCN level 2) training project in ‘Conflict Resolution and Facilitation.’ It enables young people to gain a greater awareness of themselves and their patterns of behaviour and supports them to make positive choices in their lives. The project also trains a young person to become facilitators, which allows them to deliver workshops in their own projects and communities.
We are targeting young people aged 16 – 21, who are at risk of getting caught up in violence to self or others, or criminal activity or who are disengaged from mainstream life and would benefit from this type of supported personal development. We are also keen to work with Young People who are interested in facilitating positive change in their communities and among their peer groups.
Quarrel Shop will be held in Leap’s training space in Finsbury Park, with a weekend residential at Woodrow High House, near High Wycombe, Bucks. Training starts on the Saturday 25th February and finishes Saturday 31’st March, with a commitment to facilitate a Conflict Resolution workshop – possibly at the organisation from which they are referred. Quarrel Shop is free to all eligible young people, travel expenses are covered and food is provided.
For more information please look at our flyer