- We won @Leap_cc Lighting The Fire Award last year & were pretty chuffed! Nominate someone you work with this year http://t.co/RLBXYZ52Gz28 February 2015 6:01pm
- Happy Friday! Excited to let everyone know that our Annual Awards will be held at the @HMSPresident!! #youth #awards http://t.co/jDTCUidCxY27 February 2015 5:30pm
- BIG NEWS! We're awarding £500 to Social Action Projects in England! Nominate for our Awards now! http://t.co/3pSacX3bXh27 February 2015 4:00pm
- We're strengthening partnerships with referrers to better safeguard #YoungPeople - what are you doing for @NCVYS National Safeguarding Day?27 February 2015 4:00pm
- Did you know that you can order our #training manuals online? #workshops #youthwork #conflict http://t.co/acLqbV3rmM27 February 2015 1:00pm
BBC Lifeline at Leap!
Leap was chosen to be one of the BBC's featured charities for their Lifeline programme. A ten minute film about Leap and the work it does was transmitted at 5pm, 20th November on BBC1.
Filming has been taking place over the past two weeks. We’ve had a film crew filming at one of our Quarrel Shops – a training project for young people, which enables them to gain greater awareness of themselves in conflict and become peer facilitators. The film crew got lots of great footage of young people exploring the concept of conflict and how to resolve it in their lives.
Lifeline also spent two days filming one of our young trainers and one of your young volunteers in action. Brooke Kinsella very kindly agreed to present the appeal, and talks very positively about Leap’s work and the impact it has.
The appeal was broadcast on BBC1 on Sunday 20th November at 17:00 and on BBC2 on Wednesday 23 November 2011 at 13:30. There is a dedicated page on the BBC website which has photos, and more information about Leap. You can watch the film on our website.