- Delighted to say #lightingthefire '16 is at @OXO_2 - it's not too early to nominate someone https://t.co/msPcDWgwte https://t.co/7P2sa6Jezr30 November 2015 12:30pm
- Read new blog by UUK CEO on youth social action and @iwill_campaign - https://t.co/z8kAELiwN5 #iwill27 November 2015 5:06pm
- Paris: A Few Home Truths. Why @leap_cc and others need to invest in leadership of young people in our own community https://t.co/1fNbIBw77c21 November 2015 1:33pm
- Proud that @leap_cc is a supporter of excellent #IWILL campaign24 November 2015 2:31pm
- Good to meet @valeriefloy and hope that @leap_cc & @childrensociety can achieve better impact for young people25 November 2015 10:30am
BBC Lifeline at Leap!
Leap was chosen to be one of the BBC's featured charities for their Lifeline programme. A ten minute film about Leap and the work it does was transmitted at 5pm, 20th November on BBC1.
Filming has been taking place over the past two weeks. We’ve had a film crew filming at one of our Quarrel Shops – a training project for young people, which enables them to gain greater awareness of themselves in conflict and become peer facilitators. The film crew got lots of great footage of young people exploring the concept of conflict and how to resolve it in their lives.
Lifeline also spent two days filming one of our young trainers and one of your young volunteers in action. Brooke Kinsella very kindly agreed to present the appeal, and talks very positively about Leap’s work and the impact it has.
The appeal was broadcast on BBC1 on Sunday 20th November at 17:00 and on BBC2 on Wednesday 23 November 2011 at 13:30. There is a dedicated page on the BBC website which has photos, and more information about Leap. You can watch the film on our website.