- Thanks for the follow @ForestWhitaker! Love your work. This is @ThomasJLawson here.10 July 2014 10:53pm
- Fear of failure - one of the biggest challenges facing #youngpeople. How can we overcome? #FoyerPE14 @UKYouth @leap_cc @barnardos @NCVYS10 July 2014 12:35pm
- @FoyerFederation @NCVYS @UKYouth @leap_cc @barnardos Create culture that builds resilience and embraces risk & failure as part of learning.10 July 2014 1:33pm
- Congrats to Emma and @ThomasJLawson at @leap_cc - two winners of our #charity raffle today - prize info will be emailed to you both shortly!10 July 2014 2:20pm
- "Young people aren't challenging for no reason, 'anger issues' don't come from nowhere, we need to look at the reasons" training participant10 July 2014 2:00pm
- Check out the new @NCVYS Member Benefits Guide for a special offer on training from us and others including @UKYouth http://t.co/72fXbPXPUh10 July 2014 2:00pm
- @BBCMBuchanan's story very moving. He needed support growing up and acknowledges need for charities such as @SHSorguk, @ChanceUK, @leap_cc10 July 2014 12:49pm
- Rene & Tony are running @leap_cc training to help participants understand about the behaviour that challenges them http://t.co/LOmNXfKgvQ10 July 2014 12:00pm
- "You don't need time to build a relationship, it's about what you invest & give to each moment with someone - compassion, empathy" Rene10 July 2014 11:38am
- RT @CFGtweets: Interesting @NAVCA "we as a sector need to address the lack of ppl with excellent skills AND young ppl on boards #appgcs "10 July 2014 10:00am
Who we are
Established in 1987, Leap prevents the escalation of everyday conflict into destructive behaviour and violence by giving young people and the professionals that work with them the skills to understand the causes and consequences of conflict. Read more...
What we do
Leap works in partnership with the criminal justice system, community groups, the police, teachers and commercial organisations to provide training on leadership, challenging behaviour, peer mediation, identity and prejudice, preventing knife crime and group offending. Read more...
"Leap made a real difference. If the programme wasn't offered I don't know what or where I would be now. I am now a role model to young people and within my community" - male participant Read more...
Leap Strategy 2014-16
Our 2014-2016 strategy will maintain focus on conflict management in three core areas: the prevention of destructive behaviour, the reduction of violence and conflict, and support for young people in the secure estate – youth offending institutes, secure training centres and secure children’s homes. Read more...
Leap volunteer, Monika
Leap volunteer, Monika Makuch tells us about her experience supporting primary school programmes as part of the Not a Beef Ting Programme Read more
Dealing with conflict in corporate life
David Allen's career spans 38 years during which time he worked for some of the world’s largest and most successful companies like IBM, NCR and EDS. He has had extensive executive experience including… Read more
Love it or hate it, you are likely to have to manage conflict
Patrick Dunne, Leap's Chair, blogs about the need to manage conflict in the workplace Read more
Check out our latest e-bulletin for news on what we've been up to over the past few months including details of how you can get your ticket for Creative Collisions 2014, our latest funding for… Read more
Royally recognised achievements!
On the 17th April, Leap welcomed over 160 partners, funders, young people and friends to our Annual Excellence Awards ceremony ‘Lighting The Fire’, held at The Orangery, Kensington Palace. Read more
Brighton Marathon Supermen
Our four supermen ran courageously, battled injury and all finished the 26.2 mile course on a muggy Brighton afternoon. Your incredible support means they have not only beaten the race but also their… Read more